Wednesday, June 3, 2009

WHAT'S ON YOUR WALL WEDNESDAY!!!

brought to by: grits and glamour

Welcome to What's on your Wall Wednesday I hope you enjoy what I have to show you today.

I 'm a collector of clocks and I have two I would like to show off today.

This first clock is not a new one but a old one. Do you remember the Kit Clock that your grandmother had in her house. Well they have brought this old gem back out and I purchased one a couple of year's ago. His eyes move from side to side and so does his tale. It's the kind of clock that makes you want to laugh and So here he is in all his glory. Everything about this clock screams funny, his wild eyes and big whisker smile to his white bow tie. Just a funny clock. My grand kids just love this clock. They want to touch his eyes when they are moving.


This next clock is my favorite clock. Yes it is small but small is good. This is a kook ,kook clock.
As you will see below his chimes are very long. The little bird comes out and kook, kook's on the hour and then on the half hour. The grandchildren love this one because of the little bird. I catch them watching for the bird.


This clock is hand carved with leaf's all around it and a bird at the top. You can see the little box where the bird comes out. He also is ornate in color, dark green and brown and a touch of red for his beak.
As you can see the pendulum is moving, this is how you adjust the minutes on this clock. To change the hour you just move the hour hands to the correct time and pull the weight's all the way up to the top. the weight's are heavy iron and are copper color and look like pine cones. My husband bought me this clock for Christmas around 15 years ago. I had told him that when I was young how fascinate I was with my Great Grandmother's kook, kook clock and that I had always wanted one. So here it is.
That man is such a keeper. Love, love, love him.


Well this concludes my WOYWW I hope you enjoyed yourself.
click on follow and check out what I'm doing next. Now get out there and take pictures of everything!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Shirley,

    Your blog is interesting and creative. True to form :-) It's great that you are on blogspot too because I am here most times writing in my blog. Some of the pieces here are also in MS.

    I wonder though if it be true that MS is no longer getting the same attention from its admin people? Others have expressed concern that the site is in limbo because its founder has other preferred projects? 'Hoping that it's not true. Oh well let's see what happens. Anyway if and when it does fold up, we have blogspot.. Lols... to connect with each other. :-) Am happy with that idea.

    Take care okay? See you around.
    Blessings to you and your family.

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your clocks are lovely. Such beautiful pieces. I collect clocks also and love them all. Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower. I clicked follow and I will be back. Check out my post about the Cloche Party and join us for all the fun. Thanks again. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

LETS Chat

Powered By Blogger