Friday, June 12, 2009

My Garden and the Rabbits









Well today it finally quit raining and I am so glad. Now when it dry's out I can get into my veg. garden to hoe the weeds that the rain had help to grow. I was looking out my window and I saw a little hopper (rabbit) in my veg. garden and he looked to be trying out several of my plants. So I went out to investigate just what the little hopper was chomping on. To my surprise he was having a feast on my Okra. I shooed him off by clapping my hands and he took off, for how long I don't know. As I was investigating the damage I noticed he had chomped off 6 of the plants right to the ground. Since I do not have a fence around the little garden I will have to go and put up a chicken wire fence to keep the little hopper's out of the garden.
So off we go to Rural King shopping for fencing this Saturday morning. I hope we get it up before any more of my garden gets eaten up.

I hope everyone has a lovely Weekend. And go out there and plant something!

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine used to have trouble with the rabbits eating off her plants....she planted marigolds around the garden because rabbits don't like the smell...or so she told me. She also scattered human hair cuttings that she got from her beautitian. I don't know if that will help but it might be worth a try, those little buggers will eat up your garden if they get the chance.

    ReplyDelete

LETS Chat

Powered By Blogger